IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) devices use multiple wavelengths of light energy to target specific chromophores (water, hemoglobin, melanin or porphyrins) in order to help with a wide variety of skin issues including:
- Sun Damage
- Age Spots
- Wrinkles & Fine Line
- Overall Tone & Vibrance
PRECARE: Clients should come to their treatment with a clean face and no make‐up on.
AVOID sun exposure (apply sunscreen daily and do not tan at all – including self-tanner) for 4 to 6 weeks before and after treatments.
AVOID use of any retinol products (or products containing tretinoin) or exfoliants on the area to be treated for one week.
AVOID Accutane (or isotretinoin products) for 6 months prior.
Let your doctor know if you have a history of hyperpigmentation. You must notify the technician if you have had any cosmetic tattooing on or near the area to be treated. Photosensitizing medications including doxycycline and minocycline should be discontinued three days prior to the treatment. Anticipate a social “down-time” of 2-5 days before any redness, swelling and sloughing of the sunspots has subsided.
- Sun exposure may cause hyperpigmentation. Stay out of the direct rays of the sun.
- Use a UVA UVB sunscreen of at least 30 or more even if you will be in the shade. Use a hat, and UV protected sunglasses if you must be out in the sun.
- Use Tylenol as needed for any discomfort.
- The expected response following treatment is usually redness and possible swelling of the treated skin. Swelling will not last more than 2-3 days. Keep your head elevated.
- You need to treat your skin delicately – do not pick or exfoliate your skin until your skin heals.
- Apply prescribed skin care products. Post treatment you are prescribed to use Post-Laser Lotion as needed.
- Use proper hygiene.
- Cover your pillow with a fresh clean pillowcase
- Wash your face with a mild cleanser and water twice a day
- Be sure to wash your hands thoroughly prior to washing your face
- Keep your face away from potential bacteria producing items like your cell phone, pillowcase, or sunglasses.
AVOID makeup for 48 hours.
AVOID exercise, use a sauna, Jacuzzi, or any other activity that will heat up your body’s temperature for the first 24 hours after treatment.
PRO-NOX™ is patient-controlled inhaled analgesia for in-office use and takes effect in seconds, offering immediate relief of pain and anxiety
PRO-NOX is a self-administered (under the supervision of medically trained staff), quick onset, fixed 50% nitrous and 50% oxygen pain management system with short duration of effect. It is generally metabolized and “out of your system” (you are back to normal) within minutes of discontinuing, and therefore you are able to regain complete mental and physical function quickly and drive home.