Tixel™ is a non-invasive skin resurfacing device using a technology that combines motion and heat with the forward movement of a medical-grade titanium tip. This proprietary non-invasive technology transfers thermal energy to skin very quickly and safely.
The tixel device is highly effective at treating:
- Sun Damage
- Age Spots
- Wrinkles & Fine Line
- Overall Tone & Vibrance
Here is why we chose Tixel™:
- Fast results
- The newest technology available for skin resurfacing
- No social downtime – discrete healing
- Alternative treatment to lasers or microneedles
- Treatments as quick as 15 minutes
- Safe to use on all skin types
PRECARE: Clients should come to their treatment with a clean face and no make‐up on.
AVOID sun exposure (apply sunscreen daily and do not tan at all – including self-tanner) for 4 to 6 weeks before and after treatments.
AVOID use of any retinol products (or products containing tretinoin) or exfoliants on the area to be treated for one week.
AVOID Accutane (or isotretinoin products) for 9 months prior.
Let your doctor know if you have a history of hyperpigmentation. You must notify the technician if you have had any cosmetic tattooing on or near the area to be treated. Photosensitizing medications including doxycycline and minocycline should be discontinued three days prior to the treatment. Anticipate a social “down-time” of 2-5 days before any redness, swelling and sloughing of the sunspots has subsided.
- Sun exposure may cause hyperpigmentation. Stay out of the direct rays of the sun.
- Use a UVA UVB sunscreen of at least 30 or more even if you will be in the shade. Use a hat, and UV protected sunglasses if you must be out in the sun.
- Use Tylenol as needed for any discomfort.
- The expected response following treatment is usually redness and possible swelling of the treated skin. Swelling will not last more than 2-3 days. Keep your head elevated.
- You need to treat your skin delicately – do not pick or exfoliate your skin until your skin heals.
- Apply prescribed skin care products as needed.
- Use proper hygiene.
- Cover your pillow with a fresh clean pillowcase
- Wash your face with a mild cleanser and water twice a day
- Be sure to wash your hands thoroughly prior to washing your face
- Keep your face away from potential bacteria producing items like your cell phone, pillowcase, or sunglasses. This includes your sweet pets.
AVOID makeup for 48 hours.
AVOID exercise, sauna, hot tub, or any other activity that will heat up your body’s temperature for the first 24 hours after treatment.