What is Renuva?
Renuva is a treatment that, when injected, gradually replaces age-related fat loss with your body’s own fat. Renuva is produced in the U.S., and is safe and effective for replacing volume loss in the face, hands and body.
How Does it Work?
Renuva contains the same collagens, growth factors, and proteins as your own fat. When injected, Renuva is gradually replaced with your own fat cells over the next few months. Post injection, blood vessels and fat cell repopulation result in volume restoration. This volume helps you look natural, youthful and healthy.
Renuva can be combined with other treatments and injectables to achieve optimal results.
The treatment is minimally invasive, and involves a series of injections to treat the areas of concern. We use various methods to reduce any discomfort that may be experienced during the treatment. The benefits are not permanent, but can be expected to last the same duration as the lifespan of fat cells which is approximately 5-10 years.
What Are The Common Areas that we treat with Renuva?
Renuva is injected where fat naturally exists, to replace volume where fat loss occurs. It is commonly used to restore volume in the face and hands, as well as areas of the body. The treatment is also helpful for erasing cellulite dimples, smoothing liposuction irregularities, and flattening depressed scars.
Here are some of the most common areas to be treated with Renuva:
- Breast correction
- Depressed scars
- Irregular contours due to liposuction
- Neck & Decollete
What Are The Risks:
- We use a local anesthetic to reduce any discomfort that you may experience when the needle is inserted.
- Temporary redness, swelling, tenderness, and or bruising may be experienced in the treatment area. Any bruising that occurs can easily be hidden with makeup and typically resolves within a few days.
What To Expect After Your Renuva Treatment?
- You may notice some minor swelling, bruising, and/or redness at the injection site. This typically resolves within 2-3 days. Cool/cold compresses may be used immediately after the treatment to reduce swelling
- Avoid applying makeup to the treated area for at least 4 hours following treatment
- Avoid strenuous physical activity/workouts for 24 hours following your treatment. Avoid facial massages, facials, laser or light based therapy for 2 weeks
- Until the redness and swelling have completely resolved, avoid exposure of the area to intense heat (sauna, hot tub, sunlamp, sunbathing)
- Avoid taking aspirin, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications, St. John’s Wort, or high-doses of Omega 3, Vitamin E, or Tumeric. These agents may increase bruising and or bleeding at the injection site
- If you experience any red, warm, or itchy skin, contact the office directly
*** If you experience extreme pain, mottled (red/white blotches) skin or darkening (grey or dusky blue) skin that doesn’t look like bruising, you need to contact the office directly
Neuromodulator injection is the most popular treatment throughout the United States. These injectables are strategically placed to reduce fine lines between the brows, around the eyes, the forehead, and many other areas of the face, jaw and neck. Neuromodulators can also relieve tension and migraine headaches and reduce excessive sweating.
Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) is Allergan’s trade-name for the protein and neurotoxin that is most commonly used for frown lines (between the brows) and crow’s feet, which emerge over time as a result of repeated facial muscle contraction. Botox is used cosmetically by injecting a designated facial muscle with a specific number of units to diminish dynamic movement. As we age, skin loses its collagen and elastin, and dynamic wrinkles begin to form from repetitive movements like frowning. Botox is an effective treatment for subtly smoothing the appearance of skin lines and wrinkles. It also prevents new lines from forming. Botox begins to work in 3-5 days with a full onset at 2 weeks, with its effects lasting 3-4 months.
OUR SIGNATURE MAKEOVERS
Scientific studies show that when we recognize a face as “beautiful”, we are actually making a judgement about the health and vitality of that individual. Our tailor-made cosmetic makeovers are extremely popular and deliver natural looking results our patients desire.